Edward VI Grammar School Retford, England
A Brief History -
Granted a Royal Charter in 1551, the school moved to its present site in 1857 with the construction of the new buildings seen here. The school housed boarders from at least the17th century until 1938.
The Grammar School amalgamated with the Sir Frederick Milner Boys Secondary School in 1979 to create a new comprehensive, girls being admitted for the first time the same year.
The school officially closed on 31st August 2003